Sunday, May 6, 2018

Rio Grande Valley


We enjoyed our 2-week stay at Victoria Palms RV Resort in Donna, Texas and visiting with Julie’s sister Cindy and brother-in-law Terry.

Last Monday we crossed the Rio Grande to Nuevo Progreso, Mexico with friends Ron and Kathy from Florida. We had been to Nuevo Progreso, Mexico before with Terry and Cindy so we knew where to go for lunch, and after lunch, the spa for pedicures. 





I went to a Nuevo Progreso dentist for a check-up and have my teeth cleaned. I must admit I was impressed with the quality of service and especially the price. It was $25 for a cleaning and exam. I usually pay $140 for a cleaning and exam at my dentist in Colorado Springs.     

Thursday, Julie fixed dinner in our motorhome for Cindy, Terry, and their friends Don and Claudia. They loved the chicken cream cheese enchiladas, Spanish rice, and refried beans. They said my margaritas were good too.


On Friday Julie and I drove 60-miles to South Padre Island to meet Bonnie for lunch and to catch up. I graduated from high school with Bonnie a few years ago. We hadn’t seen each other in about 12 years at a high school reunion. I kid her that she’s my “Aunt” since my late-father married her oldest sister Jan many years ago.  



Yesterday, we went back to Nuevo Progreso to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Cindy and Terry. It was crowded but we enjoyed the day and the music.


It’s been warm here this week with daytime highs in the low-90s and 65% humidity and we’ve had to run our air conditioners. We’re off to San Antonio tomorrow for a week- long visit with Julie’s Mom and to celebrate Mother’s Day next Sunday.  

Steve & Julie Cornelius

No comments:

Post a Comment