Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Nashville


We enjoyed our 3-night stay in Nashville. We went out for dinner on Saturday night at Bavarian Bierhaus Nashville, opened in April 2017, and located in the Opry Mills shopping area near the Grand Ole Opry. The German food was good and the beer was even better.



We went to the Grand Ole Opry after dinner. We bought tickets last November so we had good seats on the main level near the stage. The two-hour long radio show, performed in the Grand Ole Opry house, has been broadcasting country music since 1925. It was fun to watch legends, such as Ricky Skaggs and Marty Stuart, as well as up-and-coming country music stars. This show was headlined with Lee Greenwood who sang two songs, including my favorite “God Bless the USA”.  




On Monday afternoon we took the “Downtown Shuttle” from our RV park to downtown Nashville for only $10 per person for a roundtrip ride. The shuttle dropped us off outside of B.B. King’s blues club. We walked a couple of blocks to the “Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum”. It was interesting and we spent a couple of hours there looking at the displays and artifacts of old and current country music stars.







After the museum, we walked over to Broadway to check out some of Nashville’s famous honky tonks. There’s all kinds of music from rock ‘n roll, country, blues, jazz, etc. There’s no cover charge and the bands play for tips. Lots of fun.   




Today we drove up to Louisville, Kentucky and just up into Indiana where we’ll stay for 3-nights at Charlestown State Park. It’s our first stop to begin exploring Kentucky’s Bourbon Trail.  

Steve & Julie Cornelius

1 comment:

  1. I'm Serenity Autumn , currently living in Texas city, USA. I am a widow at the moment with Four kids and I was stuck in a financial situation in May 2019 and I needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit. But as God would have it, I was introduced to a woman of God a private loan lender who gave me a loan of 850,000.00 USD and today am a business owner and my kids are doing well at the moment, if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral , no credit check, no co signer with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule, please contact Mr Pedro On Email pedroloanss@gmail.com He doesn't know that I am doing this but I am so happy now and I decided to let people know more about him and also I want God to bless him more.

    ReplyDelete